Winter is here

It was like turning on a switch, one moment is was nice and the sun was shining brightly then with a blink of an eye winter is here. At first I was in denial and thought the snow would melt right away, it wouldn't accumulate at all on the ground yet.



Then my wife and I looked outside and we have several inches of snow on the car already, the kids and I went out for a snowball fight, then I remembered I still have my slick city tires on!!! Took my bike out and tried to see if it would work with the slick tires, after all I see people using those thin 700c tires all the time. Didn't even move an inch, took out the tires and was gonna switch them to the knobbies but ran out of time.


Eventually I was able to put them on and finally had my first winter ride of the season, reduced the psi to 50, but I think that was a bit too low as I was moving painfully slow. Bumped it up to 55 psi and that seems to do the trick. With regards to clothing it is still nice enough outside that I am actually sweating a bit wearing that Columbia jacket my wife got for me.






Comments

Popular Posts